Gardening Workshops – Carlow, Kilkenny and Beyond
Are you a community group, school or organisation that would like to learn more about growing your own herbs or vegetables or getting started in the vegetable garden?
If so Dee Sewell can help.
Dee Sewell is a community educator and qualified horticulturalist who enjoys working with groups to develop their awareness of local food systems, as well as help people who want to garden with a positive environmental ethos.
In the Spring of 2016, Dee held workshops at Greenside Up HQ, near to Old Leighlin in the Carlow hills, as well as continued to tutor in community gardens around Carlow and Kilkenny.
The grow your own and gardening workshops were limited to just eight participants per workshop which resulted in a much more personal learning experience.
Dee can deliver workshops in your garden or premises for various sized groups, and visits can be arranged to the Greenside Up HQ in County Carlow by appointment.
As a qualified tutor with lots of experience working with communities and groups, particularly where social inclusion is paramount, Dee can offer variations of the following gardening workshops tailored to suit your group. Some examples of workshops Dee has delivered include:
- Planting for Pollinators & Delivering the Pollinator Plan
- Container Gardening
- Outdoor Organic Vegetable Crop Production
- Plant Production from Seed
- Organic Weed Management
- Organic Pest and Disease control in the Garden
- Growing Herbs from Scratch & Creating a Herb Garden
- Basic Garden Design
- Growing Irish Food in Irish Soil
- Harvesting and Preserving
- Polytunnel Growing
- Getting the Garden Ready for Winter
- Spring Garden Preparation
- Growing Food in Small Spaces
- Growing Trees from Seed
- Growing Food in Recycled Containers
- Water conservation
- Stop Food Waste
- Creating Biodiversity in a Garden
- Healthy Eating without Costing the Earth
- Upcycling and Using ‘Junk’ in the Garden
- Creating a Green Roof Structure
Growing food from seed to sale. Dee was funded by Kilkenny Leader Partnership to work with two community garden groups growing food from seed to harvest then cooking, preserving and selling it at Savour Kilkenny Food Festival.
If you’d like more information about how Greenside Up can help you, contact Dee now.