Whether you want to sow vegetable seeds in containers, grow tomatoes in hanging baskets, plant potatoes in allotments or strawberries in a polytunnel, Greenside Up can help you. As a qualified horticulturalist and registered tutor with both Kilkenny and Carlow VEC, Dee tailors each service to suit the needs of individuals and groups.
Some of the services offered include:
- Visits to homes, allotments or community groups offering general advice, support and suggestions to help people start up or better manage their plots.
- Comprehensive packs tailored to individual vegetable growing circumstances.
- Full landscaping service that will prepare an area ready for vegetable production.
If you’ve started a vegetable garden and would like advice on growing your own, or require more general information about setting up a garden at your own site, we can come to you.
This service will take you step-by-step through all your home grown fruit and vegetable requirements.
- Site assessment and advice on clearing the ground and soil preparation.
- Proposed layout and plan, including recommendations for the best crops.
- Information on pests, diseases and weeds, enabling fruit and vegetables to be grown without the use of artificial herbicides and pesticides.
- Advice on composting.
- Crop rotation plan.
- A monthly planner suggesting times for sowing, planting and harvesting.
For customers who require a ‘ready made’ vegetable garden, a full landscaping service is available that, subject to requirements, might include:
- Design service.
- Deep or raised beds.
- Fruit bushes and trees.
- Compost areas.
Planting, pruning and caring for all types of trees, including evergreen.
Once you’ve become a Greenside Up customer it doesn’t stop there – we don’t leave you to work the rest out for yourself. If desired you can be added to our mailing list where we email periodic updates and jobs to do. If you use social media, Greenside Up are also on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn and Google+ busy sharing tips, ideas, useful links, how to videos and encouraging you to ask any questions that might be bugging you.