Ahh shucks, how lovely. Thanks Susan ….. I’ve just been given a Stylish Blogger from Joyous Flowers.
It’s a bit of craic, and to accept the award and share it with others, this is what you do:
To Accept The Award Requirements: Thank and Link Back to the Blogger Who Awarded You With The Award and Share 7 Things About Yourself. Award 5 Recently Discovered Great Bloggers and contact the bloggers, inform them of the award.
|Two of the little horrors!|
1. I’m mum to three primary aged kids who love their activities so I spend a lot of time taking them from place to place, leaving my hardworking hubby at home to……
|Knock holes in the wall???|
2. We’ve been renovating our old farmhouse for the past eight years, doing all the work ourselves. The five of us lived in a one bedroomed mobile home for 18 months (we thought we’d have it all finished within six months). We’re nearly finished …. only another year or so to go (and then we’ll be re-decorating it again! Ha ha!)
3. Our ‘dream’ was to live by the sea, be mortgage free and totally self sufficient….. hmmm had to re-think all of those, but we do have five chickens, dogs, cats and fish.
The children would love more hamsters/guinea pigs/rabbits but we’ve kindof gone off caging animals. It’s sad enough watching the fish swimming around and around (and guess who has to clean them out all the time, actually not me but poor old hardworking Mr G!!).
4. I too am in the Bloggers Book Club along with Susan and Lorna having joined it in January. I’ve read nothing but gardening books for the past two years so felt it was time for a change!
I love to read and have no particular preference on whether it’s fantasy, sci-fi, autobiographical or historical. Have to say I’m not that keen on horror books though. I remember reading Bram Stoker’s Draculla years ago and could only pick it up lunch times at work as I was too scared to read it at night! Funny now as I love reading/watching vampires, especially True Blood!
5. I’m Group Leader with Leighlinbridge Scout Group . I started as a youth leader six years ago when the group had around 50 children. We now have over 100 six to 12 year olds and 21 adults.
Scouting’s great for kids, getting them away from the tv and video screens as well as giving them an alternative to sports if they’re not into that kind of thing. It’s also a good way of meeting other adults who love an outdoor life and it teaches us all some basic life skills, that brings me to……
6. In case you hadn’t figured it out from my blog I’m mad about veg! I love growing it and cooking it (although we’re not vegetarian). I also love helping other people grow it as for some odd reason I worry that we’ve all become too dependant on others and have lost the ability to fend for ourselves.
7. Lastly, I’m quite a simple creature really. I love nature, wildlife and our environment and do all I can to help it. I worry about how our race is destroying it and how we can protect it.
It’s hard being ‘green’ though when our governments increase our taxes so we can’t afford to do everything we can to preserve our planet. I’d love to live in a solar powered, straw baled, zero rated house and not rely on oil or driving a car everywhere because there’s no other alternative. Having said that I’m grateful we have a home at all.
So here are my fav five blogs at the moment
Ena is plant mad over at horti’curious and Nessa cooks delicious meals in her kitchen. Mr H is an inspiration in his self sufficient paradise and Marie whom I started following on Twitter, now touches me with her beautifully written work. Lastly, Lorna at Garrendenny Lane encouraged me to start blogging…. little did she know what she’d unleashed!